People, I admit it.  I have a problem.
My name is Greg and I am a plastic egg hoarder.  Seriously.  I am finding them in my Jeep…in my classroom…in my office…they’re everywhere.  And then I go to the store and buy more.  I just love them.  And want more.  Is that bad??  Is it bad to use them all year round??  Is it bad that I want to run to Wal-Mart right now and buy more?????  HELP YA’LL!
Anyways…I am putting those eggs to use.  (OK…SOME of the eggs…)
You know we’re going to need some seriously hardcore engaging activities to keep the ‘staches focused the last 2 months of school….so I’m hoping some egg centers will help.  But let’s be honest…I’ll be peeling them off of the ceiling from here on out…and I’m ok with that!
You need:
plastic eggs ($2 for 48 at WalMart)
egg trays (Wal-Mart $1)
labels (freebie included)
bucket (WalMart $1)
For my labels I used the small AVERY CLEAR EASY PEEL RETURN ADDRESS LABLES (#5667)  (Click the link to order from Amazon!)
You can download the printable PDF addition equations and answers by clicking the links!
(CCSS:  KOA1  KCC1  KCC2  KCC3  KCC4  KCC5)
Print the labels.
Put the equations on the eggs.
Place the answers on the egg trays.  I used 4 egg trays.
Put the eggs in a cute bucket.  AND BAM!  Adding to 10 center!   Hands on, engaging, fun!   Common Core math is fun!!
 #commoncoreisfun
Student’s choose an egg, solve the equation and place the egg on the correct answer!

They can then record their answer on the recording sheet.
Add fun pens or markers or Scentos Sugar Rush Twisty Crayons for even more fun!
Here is a free recording sheet for ya!

• Reply sandra morales March 26, 2015 at 1:26 am

I love it!!! Thank you sooooo much!!

• Reply papa young March 30, 2015 at 7:27 am

nike roshe run australia Although I nike roshe run australia have never met you, but I have heard that you, lad really handsome ah. Director nike roshe run australia laughed and then took cheap sat on the nike roshe run sale sofa. I do not know what happened to me Zhaosuo Chang. nike roshe run australia cheap do not cheap nike roshe run shoes want polite with him.

• Reply Debbie Valburg March 7, 2016 at 3:31 am

Love your ideas!!! Thanks for sharing your expertise!

• Reply Heather March 1, 2017 at 6:11 am

Where did you find the trays?

• Reply Jason Warren-Smedley March 21, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Wal-mart!!

• Reply Sight Word Eggs | The Kindergarten Smorgasboard March 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm

[…] egg trays.  Or you can use CLEAR mailing labels!   I actually used clear mailing labels in our EGG-Cellent Addition activity and they are still going strong!   So, you can vinyl it up or Sharpie it up or label it […]

• Reply Sight Word Eggs | Teaching-Blogs.com April 7, 2017 at 12:19 pm

[…]  Or you can use CLEAR mailing labels!   I actually used clear mailing labels in our EGG-Cellent Addition activity and they are still going strong!   So, you can vinyl it up or Sharpie it up or label […]