First day 2014-2015 is in the books.

No tired like first day tired.
Here it is by the numbers:
13 ‘staches
9 girls
4 boys
0 criers
13 name writers
1 SERIOUS talker
That’s an amazing group, right there!  I couldn’t be more happy with these ‘staches.  I have a feeling this is going to be an EPIC year!
So, how did we spend our first day?  Check it out…we were busy people!

When we arrived, we colored a picture of Mr. Greg.  I mean, why not have your kids color  a picture of you?!  It’s so fun to see them slowly start figuring it out….they think it’s hilarious!
Then we read Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten.  We talked all about school and kindergarten.  We even made a chart of all of things Miss Bindergarten did to get ready and all the things we did to get ready for kindergarten!
Quote:  “It sure takes a lot of things to get ready for kindergarten!”
HAHAHA have no idea ‘staches!

Then we learned all about crayons.  Mr. Greg started breaking crayons.  Es no bueno.  People, seriously almost had one girl cry when I started breaking crayons.  They were quite disturbed by the breaking of crayons.  Lesson learned!  Then we practiced coloring with our soccer ball!  Seriously good coloring from all of the ‘staches.  I’m tellin ya…EPIC year…
Then we wrote our name on our chart.  Everyone can write their name.  We need a little refinement but seriously impressed with these names.  Guess we’re getting journals on Monday!
Of course we had to wear mustaches and our first silly hat of the year!!
And what better way to end the first day of kindergarten than with a mustache cookie!  Yeah, we’re that awesome!
First day fun!
And now…it’s time for ya’ll to show off your TEACHER STYLE!
Here is my epic first day of school outfit.  Bicycle and Unicycle pants?  Check.  Rainbow shirt?  Check.

Now I want everyone to link up with a blog post or Facebook post or Instagram post or tweet and share your first day of school outfits!  Let’s show our #teacherstyle!
You can link up here on this blog….
You can post a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!  If you post on social media, please use the hashtag #teacherstyle!
WORK IT!

• Reply justhave2teach August 6, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Love it!!! I have 4 weeks until my first day, but I bought my outfit today!! 🙂 Kohl's was having back to school sale, and even mommy got a great deal! I love all the pics. Makes my heart smile and I want to get in my room sooooo bad!!!! I got my class list and I have almost the reverse group of you! 13 kids and 5 girls and 8 boys!

• Reply Linda Matsumoto August 6, 2014 at 10:56 pm

So glad you had such a great day. I love your outfit! Where did you get the picture of you that the children are coloring? Love your blog!

• Reply Keep em Thinking August 6, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Your first day looks great and tons of fun! I musts admit, I am going to miss reading about Fire Drill!

• Reply Christy August 6, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Love it! I am jealous you only have 13 kids!! What a dream 🙂

• Reply Keri Brown August 6, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Yay for name writers. I'm jealous!!! I looked through registration packs and NONE of them could write their name.

• Reply Lana August 6, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Reading your blog makes me want to teach young ones so much! I teach big kids…5th grade! 🙂 Maybe one day!

• Reply Jill Reverman August 6, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Jealous of your numbers….I've got 23! And the coloring and name writing….totally jealous!

• Reply April Kreitzer Wolfe August 7, 2014 at 1:37 am

Looks like a great day!! I added mustaches to my room this year!! They are looking great with my zebra print!

April

• Reply Nicki August 7, 2014 at 1:42 am

13 kiddos?? Is this for like all year??
    Love the outfit!!

Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

• Reply Gemma August 7, 2014 at 4:02 am

13 kids? What the what?!! I haven't gotten my roster yet, but office staff tells me I'm looking at at least 25, maybe 27.

• Reply Farrah Shipley August 7, 2014 at 4:12 am

GREG I AM DYING!!! I will be linking up the first day of school on the 25th! 🙂

Farrah Shipley
    Mrs. Shipley's Classroom

• Reply Amanda August 7, 2014 at 4:41 am

13 KIDS??? That is ridiculous!! So jealous. Oh, and your bicycle pants are seriously awesome. Good job.

Amanda
    First Grade Garden

• Reply Camille August 7, 2014 at 8:00 am

Greg, Here are my numbers: 8 girls, 16 boys. Ummm…a little different than yours. But, did I cry? No! Because it's all good!

• Reply Kimberly Gonzalez August 8, 2014 at 1:46 am

Hi Greg. Glad you had a great first day! I tried opening the soccer ball coloring page. It would not work. Only took me to Pinterest. Thanks for the awesome ideas!

• Reply william schwartz August 8, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for the advice. Very informative blog, it helps us a lot because medical staffing. and we are worried about it. GERD can cause to a serious illness, we don’t want to happen that. We seek help at placidway.com to find us the best doctor that can help my father kill the GERD. Now, he is having his treatment I hope the GERD will shoo away after this.

• Reply Actor in Training August 15, 2014 at 3:27 am

I LOVED the name writing and soccer ball activities. Great beginning of the year assessments. I didn't get to go to any of your workshops this summer, but I look forward to seeing you in Vegas next year. Thanks so much for sharing your outstanding resources.
    Pearl