Howdy ya’ll!

There is a pin floating around on Pinterest that features this thing called a glue sponge.  Now, nothing gets under my skin in my classroom than the never ending, un-winnable battle of the glue.  Glue sticks lose their tops, get smashed, dry up, and run out in 2.4 seconds.  And, let’s be honest, get eaten.  It happens.  It has to.  Where else does a brand new glue stick go in 2.4 seconds besides in the mouth of a hungry kindergartner.  It happens.  Don’t judge (I admit I ate paste as a kid.  That stuff smelled so good.  I am a paste eater…probably explains a whole lot, huh?!).  Glue bottles are messy and not matter how many times we practice BABY DOTS we use gigantor dots of glue.  The bottles clog.  Glue is just my nemesis.  I should own stock in Elmer’s Glue.  Or they should just send me free glue for all of the money I have poured into their company.  Ya know, I never thought I would defeat my nemesis.  But this glue sponge thing that I pinned had potential. People, if it had potential to defeat my sticky and tasty glue nemesis, then I would try it.  Come on, ya’ll know me, I’ll try anything twice…no really, anything.  Except food then I won’t try anything.  Except guinea pig.  I did eat guinea pig in Ecuador…but anyways….back to WORLD WAR GLUE!
So I bought some materials and played around and made some glue sponges.  Day one was a fail.  I sulked home and wallowed in the pity that there was no way to defeat the glue.  The glue had won and I would forever be at the mercy of the glue.
So there sat the glue sponges.  Unused.  And those glue sticks just sat there mocking me with their little glue stick faces.  GRRRR glue sticks.  After days of being taunted by the glue stick army, I decided to give it one more chance.
Glue sponges on the tables.  Instructions to the monsters.  Papers distributed.  Scissors cutting.  The moment of truth…
IT WORKED!  I have defeated the glue army.  No more little orange faces taunting me.
So, now that you’ve provided me free therapy for my glue issues (and paste eating issues…hey, they put the spice Thyme in that stuff…that’s why it smells so good!) I will show you how to make the glue sponges!  And by show you, I mean a Kindergarten Smorgasboard How To Video!

It really is simple and cheap!  My cost for four glue sponges was $6.  They last forever and they’re almost no mess!  You have to do it!  If you ignore all of my other crazy ideas and rants and rambling, this is the one thing you have to do!

Totally super simple! If you have questions after watching my video, just let me know!

Join the newsletter

• Reply Brittany Weidlich June 11, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I haven't seen those on Pinterest but love the video. Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to try this for next school year.

Brittany
    Lovely Literacy and More

• Reply thepolkadotowl June 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm

LOL!! “Don't hate me for not using Elmers!” I LOVE it!!! Thanks for the awesome video, I cannot wait to try this! 🙂

• Reply Cherie June 11, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Yay for winning! 🙂 I would have to try the glue sponges! Keep those videos coming!

cheriemae@gmail.com

• Reply Cyndi Lacy June 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I've seen the glue sponges on Pinterest. I'm moving down to Kindergarten next year and might have to give them a try!

I'm having my 1 year Blogiversary Giveaway right now, stop by and check it out!

Cyndi
    Lacy's Letters

• Reply Atwood's Bluebirds June 11, 2013 at 10:12 pm

We loved your video!! We heard CEO in the background!! Can't wait to try this!

• Reply Elizabeth Mitchell June 11, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Wow-what a great idea! Thanks for sharing and loved your video!!

• Reply Nicki June 11, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Thanks. I've been hearing about them, so your video was great. My dog heard the CEO in the background and sat up trying to figure out where the barking was coming from! 🙂

Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

• Reply Abigail Lukash June 12, 2013 at 12:56 am

The war of the orange caps!!!!!! The daily battle in my classroom…I swear my kiddies eat my glue sticks they disappear by the dozen.

• Reply Jill June 12, 2013 at 4:29 am

I can definitely see this tutorial being useful for 4th quarter!! By then we have NO glue sticks and I am going cray cray. Thanks!!!

• Reply Stefanie Galvin June 12, 2013 at 11:54 am

Love the video tutorial… I know what I'll be doing to my lunch break tomorrow!

Your comment about glue driving you bonkers totally mirrors my own thoughts from today. My kiddos totally lose the plot when it comes to glue. Hopefully this will solve some problems!

Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

• Reply Nanette Thompson June 12, 2013 at 2:46 pm

As an Elementary Art Teacher I think you just changed my life. Thank you so much!!! I can't wait to try it. 🙂

• Reply Mrs. Solis June 27, 2013 at 6:18 am

What a great video tutorial! Thank you for sharing how you made yours. I plan to try this out this school year!:)

Alma Solis

• Reply Christy M July 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Love your video and your blog and EVERYTHING you share!! Do you have one container per group?
    Christy

• Reply Jessica Lowe July 18, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I've had this idea pinned since last summer and never did it. I'm so glad you posted this video it definitely kicked me into gear to get these done before this year! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

• Reply Kelly July 20, 2013 at 2:39 am

Genius! Can't wait to make these 🙂

Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

• Reply Tania July 27, 2013 at 1:36 am

Thanks for the awesome tutorial. I will certainly make one to test it out.
    tania
    My Second Sense

• Reply Sara July 28, 2013 at 3:15 am

What is Butters barkin' at?! Tucker?! I bet Tucker was barking right back 😉 love your videos, Greg!

Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

• Reply Granny, did you wear glass slippers? August 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Can you imagine the strep and E-coli lurking in those ekk……otherwise ok … but I'm a germ-o-phob….

• Reply Erin August 23, 2013 at 5:36 am

My glue sponges molded in 2 weeks!

• Reply George Nelson October 22, 2013 at 7:58 am

Well said. This will be a best tutorial to make glue sponges. I heard that adhesive manufacturers in India provides these kind of adhesive.

• Reply Tessa July 26, 2014 at 12:37 am

Made mine tonight! Thanks for the info!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

• Reply Schoolhouse Treasures August 17, 2014 at 1:26 am

I saw this idea and forgot about it! I'm writing it down now so it's on my list to do for this year! Thanks!
    Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

• Reply TheElementary MathManiac August 27, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Great idea! Thanks for giving such detailed directions.

Tara
    The Math Maniac

• Reply Tony Smith September 17, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I was too fortunate to find a highly reputable online store in the country that offered cheap and best adhesive supplies that makes it easier for me to carry out woodworking and artwork.

• Reply Anton alfaruq April 21, 2015 at 9:21 am

Thank you very much! My friends and family members will be happy after hearing about this
    jam tangan online murah
    jam tangan murah
    jam tangan kw
    jam tangan online

• Reply Anton alfaruq April 21, 2015 at 9:21 am

Thanks a lot for sharing. Will check back later for more of your articles.

• Reply Anton alfaruq April 21, 2015 at 9:21 am

Things are very open and intensely clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very beneficial.

• Reply King Les April 24, 2015 at 12:19 pm

This article is very useful. I really enjoy reading this.
    These articles written too great,they rich contents and data accurately. they are help to me. I expect to see your new share. Please visit rental mobil di Pare, di internet juga ada rental motor di Pare atau klik disini, bisa juga anda ketik di google Rental mobil di pare Kediri, dan jika anda membutuhkan jasa les privat di Surabaya atau Guru les privat di Jakarta, kadang kita juga ingin tau Kursus bahasa Inggris di Pare

• Reply kak idar April 24, 2015 at 2:34 pm

• Reply KAK DECO April 25, 2015 at 2:52 am

gratitude for his articel can add my insight on the internet,
    Jam Tangan Online Murah
    and for anyone who is a fan of watches sila visit the following web

• Reply suci alinda April 28, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Thanks for Nice and Informative Post. This article is really contains lot more information about This Topic. –
    hidup sehat alamai

• Reply Norma Singleterry June 19, 2015 at 2:22 am

I loved using the glue sponges. Do you throw them away at the end of the year or could you reuse them? Thank you.

• Reply Emily Brown July 21, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Using this!! Thanks! 🙂

• Reply Annie Thomas June 7, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Awesome idea! I'm going to try this in the new school year. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

• Reply Montessori Mama In Saigon September 22, 2016 at 1:00 am

Great idea. Thanks for making my life easier.