Don’t ya love when you’re out shopping with the TBFF and you go to Office Depot and it’s disappointing.  So you go to Target and it’s also disappointing.  And Big Lots.  Let Down.  Then you head to the Dollar Tree and just when you think it’s a fail (because said TBFF won’t allow you to buy more carrot eggs…)….you find this:
As soon as I spied this $1 gem, I said ADDING GAME!
How much fun is this?!  You flip the frogs into the pond and then you add how many frogs are in and how many are out.  (Say it in your best Heidi Klum voice…)
And then you record the answer!
This could be adapted for decomposing numbers.  Subtracting.  You can buy multiple games (it’s only $1 people!) and use different colors to add or make 10.  So much fun for so little cash!
Click here for your freebie!

• Reply Traci Whiting March 18, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Great idea, Mr. Greg!!

• Reply Traci Whiting March 18, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Great idea, Mr. Greg!!

• Reply Misty Cordle March 18, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Yay! I love you because I bought these a while back thinking I could make a game out of them and now I have a recording sheet! You rock! By the way what program do you use to create your worksheets?

• Reply Robin ringer March 18, 2016 at 11:05 pm

You are the best!

• Reply Kidpeople Classroom March 19, 2016 at 3:44 am

Hi Greg. So nice meeting you at the Blogger Retreat. I captured you as the dancing fool you are 🙂 See you around. Kathleen Check yourself out: http://www.kidpeopleclassroom.com/2016/03/fun-at-blogger-retreat.html

• Reply Carol T. March 19, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Have a bag full of leaping frogs and now something constructive and fun to use them with. Thanks so much!

• Reply Mrs. Campion March 19, 2016 at 1:29 pm

I love how your mind is always thinking of new, engaging centers! You are so creative, and I would love to go Dollar Tree shopping with you someday! that would be a great giveaway on your Submissions for Smorgie some month! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Now, off to buy carrots and frogs….and to hide them from my hubby! 🙂

• Reply Laura Letiecq March 20, 2016 at 2:00 am

Will have to see if they have those in our shop. I am really tempted by those carrot eggs as well. I already have two or three sets, but at least one set has some stress cracks in them from kids banging them on the table and could be replaced.